Tuesday, May 31, 2005

"Well Met, Good Sir!"

My daughter has strep. Somehow the rest of us seem to have avoided it. But it did end up making for a limited weekend. Our Memorial Day plans changed somewhat, our picnic in the park turning into a picnic in the back yard.

But we managed to find some excitement. Like three police cars, an ambulance, and a fire truck visiting our neighbors' house. We have no idea what happened, other than a young woman being brought out on a stretcher. The kids found it all quite entertaining.

I saw "Revenge of the Sith" over the weekend. It was pretty good; very dark and emotional. Not exactly the "feel-good movie of the summer." But quite well done, for the most part. Yeah, I could nitpick, but I won't.

My younger brother recently announced he is buying a restaurant business. Being somewhat concerned, I gave him a call this weekend. Not wanting to show a lack of support by being too critical, I began with a tactful approach: "Have you lost your mind?!?!?!" But as the story came out, it became evident that this really is a good opportunity for him that he'd be nuts to pass up. I think he'll do well.

This week I dive in head-first on my new position. I'll be spending most of the week in meetings; getting to know my team, interviewing new candidates, or in planning for the new team. It'll be a really short week in a lot of ways. As I'm an introvert, I anticipate heavy exhaustion.

It's going to be hard to resist the urge to veg out when I get home each night.

1 comment:

Benneducci said...

The meaning of the word lost? That's simple: Lost: adjective, denoting something missing or misplaced, as in "I have lost my sanity. Might you have seen it?"