Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Positive Energy

There's a project I'm working on at work that has been just killing me for months. I've started on it about five times now and had to go back or start over to the point where I just hate it. Unfortunately, I have to finish it before I can transition to my new position.

Today for some reason I caught a new burst of energy. I threw myself into the project and was amazed at what time it was when I finally bothered to look up. I'm still not done, but I finished off a major, major chunk today. The psychological victory was greater than the physical one, most likely, and I now have hopes to have this thing wrapped up in a week.

I would have done more today, but I am training people in Boston tomorrow (they're in Boston, I'm not--ah, the wonders of modern technology) and had to crank out a supplemental training manual. I wasn't quite done with it at quitting time, and I found myself wanting to stay late to finish it. So I did. Only half an hour, I was on such a roll. The sense of accomplishment was thick in the air as I dashed for the car. Go me!

Tomorrow will be crazy. Five meetings, and little time to prepare for any of them. But by the time the smoke clears I'll have yet another transition-barrier wrapped up. Woohoo!

----

Best sentence I've read in awhile, and it comes from a cereal box:
"Have young children guess from a small group of objects laid before them which object was taken away while their eyes were closed."

Sheer poetry! An entire game instruction in a single, grammatically correct sentence. Somebody really deserves a handshake for that one.

Okay, I'm weird. You expected something else?

No comments: