Friday, May 06, 2005

The Expensive Kite

We had a thunderstorm roll through the valley last night, which included some high winds. I decided to check on our back yard at one point and noticed our shade canopy was missing, even though I'd tied it down to our house, a patio pillar and the fence. I stepped outside to locate it and finally found it--hanging from the corner of our neighbor's roof, two stories up.

I finally got it down with some help from the neighbors. Several frame poles are bent, and there's a two-foot gash in the canvas. I suspect it's a write-off. For now I partly disassembled the thing and rolled it up to get it out of the way.

I haven't even sent in for the rebate yet.

3 comments:

Your Host said...

That sounds for all the world like a Lemony Snicket title.

Thom said...

I have not yet had the pleasure of reading any Lemony Snicket, other than an odd little short story in a magazine around Christmas time.

Benneducci said...

I still think Lemony Snicket sounds like a snack food, or one of those recipes in Mom's old Betty Crocker cookbook. ::the kids dance around, cheering:: Yaay, lemony snickets!