Friday, May 20, 2005

Familyarity Breeds Contentment

My sister and her family visited yesterday. We haven't seen them in nearly two years. The last time they were here our boys were still babies, barely able to move. The three months age difference between Walter and his cousin was quite pronounced. Now it's hardly noticeable.

I'm not sure what my nephew thought of his cousins. He's an only child, and is obviously not used to the level of spasticity my kids are capable of achieving when wound up. He ended up playing by himself frequently while watching the chaos with an expression that was difficult to gauge. Sometimes it appeared he found it all amusing. Other times he seemed to be thinking "What is WRONG with those KIDS?! I hope they don't break Daddy!"

It was good to see them again, even if only for a few hours. We really need to visit them on their turf sometime.

No comments: