Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Negative Energy

It seemed yesterday like everyone around me was fighting or in a bad mood. It's a weakness of mine that I can't be exposed to that kind of emotion for long without soaking it up--even if it's not directed at me. It's something I'm trying to overcome.

I'm not sure I'll ever be able to stop being affected by second-hand emotion, but I can change how I react to it, and that's where I'm trying to focus my efforts. It would be best if I could learn not to react at all, but for now I'm trying to channel my energies into at least more productive reactions. It will be an important "growth opportunity," considering my new position at work.

Meanwhile, here's a kudo to my wife:
"Stay At Home Moms Deserve Higher Pay"

I'm glad I don't have to pay her. I could never afford her on my salary. ;-)

No comments: