Monday, May 23, 2005

Now it can be told

Yesterday I was assigned as the ward executive secretary, which means I get to try and keep the bishop and his two counselors organized. It also means I get to attend a whole bunch of meetings every Sunday morning. I'm not looking forward to that. Poor Terhi will be holding down the fort. Sunday mornings are usually difficult as it is.

But what can I say? I do believe in God, and I do believe He has been taking very good care of my family. If He wants five or six hours a week more of my time in return I can hardly begrudge. Especially since whenever I do what is asked of me I generally get even more blessings in return. I've pretty much given up ever pulling even.

A friend of mine was called to a position I used to hold--one every bit as demanding as my new one, if not moreso. I extended him my "congrolences" briefly, but I didn't get the chance to reassure him that he'd do fine--and that there would be plenty of blessings forthcoming if he put in the effort. I should take the time this week to let him know.

I have a feeling I'll be looking back years from now and viewing this time as a major watershed period for the rest of my life. And I'm pretty sure I mean that in a good way.

No comments: