Thursday, May 12, 2005

If I Do Say So Myself...

I just completed the big, exhaustive project that was standing between me and my new position. No wonder I feel tired. I just completed over 450 pages of test scripts. I hate writing test scripts.

Yet I have to admit I learned quite a bit in the process. It took me several weeks to complete the first 150 pages or so. It took me about a week to finish the last 300 (probably 200 pages coming in the last couple days). Most of the productivity in the last phase was from the extra time I took on the first phase, creating templates and designing strategies. If ever I have to write a test script again (and I really hope not), I'll be much better prepared.

I'm feeling rather satisfied at the moment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I have taken my turn at writing test scripts, too. Necessary pain in the butt. Someone will thank you later. At least we hope. The only thing worse than writing test scripts is not having someone run the test later.