Monday, September 12, 2005

That's My Soul Up There

Well, my big training program is over, and the best I can say about it is that it's over. The good news, I guess, is that it was 75% successful. The bad news is that I developed the content for and delivered the 25% that failed. The general consensus of the group was "we want to hear more from that other guy." I guess my brother tried to warn me. When you're a manager your subordinates feel no need to pull their punches. They let you have it with both barrels, and diplomacy be hanged.

I really, really question whether I'm cut out for this. It's getting awefully tempting to ask my boss to demote me to replace some of the people we've lost recently. The totally pathetic thing is that there would be no pay cut involved. We team leads are taking on all this extra responsibility for no extra pay. At first I didn't mind. Today I do. To heck with this.

No comments: