Thursday, September 29, 2005

Garage Banned

I really need to get my garage shelving project finished up. Until I do I can't fit my car in the garage. So far it's not a really big problem, but soon I'll be scraping windows in the morning before I go to work. I know, tough life y'got there, pal.

I also have several more projects stacked up behind this one. I can't build my super-deluxe recycling sorter cart until I've got the shelves done. Neither can I get a desk in my den.

Home Depot has done their part to help me out. I went there the other night to get more wood for shelves. I mentioned to a clerk what I was doing, and he not only cut the sheets of particle board in half for me so I could fit them in the van easier, but he further cut the sheets into the size I need for my shelves. Instead of 4 2'x8' sheets I took home 20 shelves (plus scrap). What took him maybe five minutes (I LOVE their saw system!) would have taken me an entire evening, most likely. At no extra charge.

Maybe they'd do the same for me at the other big-box hardware store in the area, but they may never get the chance to prove it.

No comments: