Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Slept On It

I feel a little better today. Interestingly enough, as I sat down to write this I got an email from one of the other team leads who took notes on the feedback we got. Either she was somewhat selective, or the feedback was better than I remember. In any case, I've decided that if I'm going to take the hit for the 25% that didn't go well, I should also take the credit for the 75% that did. Put the two together and I may average out around 80%. I'll happily take a B on this assignment.

Mostly I'm just tired. I'm an introvert, as I've iterated many times. Getting up in front of the team and presenting training, while not hard, was draining. Getting caught in the middle of a somewhat negative (I still hold she didn't entirely capture the mood in the room) feedback session really drained me. By the end of the day I felt totally hoss-whupped.

Coming back to a few other brushfires this morning hasn't helped, but I'll make it. I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet, but I still feel a little bruised. It doesn't help that I'm having my semi-annual review this week, too. I'm obviously not expecting that to go well.

C'est la guerre.

4 comments:

Your Host said...

Oui, c'est la guerre, mais il n'est pas trop mal.

Anonymous said...

Hey Autsin,

Chin up and remember that, like me, you're your own worst critic and tend to take things more personally than you probably ought to.

Benneducci said...

Look on the bright side, bro. If it all goes to heck you can always come help me sling fish and fries. A couple days of that oughta restore your perspective - or give you a psychotic episode...

Anonymous said...

Randi! You ol' pirate! What are you up to these days? Watch your back, don't take any plug credits, and don't volunteer for any missions with the word "valkyrie" in the name.