Monday, September 19, 2005

Drug-Dealin', Gun-Totin' Biker Chipmunks From Poughkeepsie

(Title apropos of nothing. Sometimes I just hate creating titles)

It was a good weekend. It could have been longer. It's fun spending money at Home Depot, but I'd better cut myself off soon. Our "moving in" budget is rapidly depleting. But by golly I saved a lot of money with that 10% Off coupon!

The storage shelves in the garage are slowly taking shape. Now I've got to cut the salvaged cupboard panels to shelf size so we can start putting in the shelves to maximize space when we unpack all our food storage. Once we get all of that put away I can re-organize the garage and all the other place-less items that have been accumulating. Once I find room for all of that then maybe--just maybe--I can park my car inside again. It's quickly getting into the time of year when that becomes important.

I love Autumn. I went for a walk during lunch today and it was entirely comfortable outside. I need a jacket in the morning, but not for very long. The leaves should be turning soon, and then I'll really enjoy walking. My company's campus backs up to the river greenbelt, lined with trees. It's a very pleasant setting, and there are convenient tenth of a mile markers along the route. I did about 1.25 miles today. And I'm still feeling the effects, so I'd better start doing more of this.

This entry is meandering all over the place. Like my life right now. I'm rather directionless, and I've never been very good with that. I've got to have something on the priority list, even if it's only to avoid it. At work I'm essentially waiting around for my manager to officially announce my degradation and find me a project to work on. If I learned anything in the last five months it's that I should never hold my breath when waiting on her to do something.

I wish she would get on with it, though. It's like getting dumped, but having your significant other swear you to secrecy until the timing is right. "I just can't date you anymore. But I don't want anyone to know yet, so what are you doing Friday night?" Sorry, relationship's over. Let me move on.

Or, to quote the Alan Parsons Project, "Let me go home. I've had a hard night. Leave me alone."

On the bright side, they've just implemented a policy requiring everyone to wear their security badges visibly on their person. I've been carrying mine in my wallet, but now I've it on a nifty, springloaded belt-line. Wheeee! Gadgets! Watch me forget mine at home now.

Okay, okay. I'll put you out of your misery now.

No comments: