Monday, July 10, 2006

Willows Keep Fallin' On My Head

In hindsight, that was fast. It's not yet a week since the tree blew over, but it's now a pile of logs. The play gym is a pile of boards, and there's a a big dirty spot where the stump used to be. Our back yard is now bathed (or is it baked?) in sun from morning until late afternoon. About all that remains is to see how much the insurance will cover, and decide what will go in its place.

It's been an entertaining week for the kids, for sure. Lots of nifty trucks, saws, and machinery coming and going. The coolest--at least that I saw--was the stump grinder. It's like a circular saw on steroids. The gentleman brought it around and in a couple hours had chewed up the stump and all the major roots. We now have a large pile of saw-chips, suitable for mulching. Great fun!

From the sounds of things, I'd better be studying up on pergolas (the brother of Legolas?). I suspect I'll be building one before long.

No comments: