Thursday, July 27, 2006

Strange Dreams

This morning I had a weird dream. It was one of those where I start out watching the dream like a movie, then at some point actually become the main character. In this case he/I was going on a cruise. Just before I got on the ship I got a call from my "handler." Unknown to me, I was a specially trained assassin. I had been conditioned to forget that entire aspect of my existence and just go about my life until receiving the proper code words from my handler, at which point the assassin would take over. Once I was done with a mission they'd reinstate the conditioning and I'd go along none the wiser.

Evidently they wanted me to kill someone on this cruise. I spent a long time wandering around the ship just enjoying myself. At some point I found the person and killed them, though my subconscious mercifully fast-forwarded through that part. Then the cruise ended, and I decided I'd had with this existence. I was going to kill my handlers before they could stick the genie back in the bottle, so to speak. Not only was I doing the dirty work for an unknown organization/person, but I didn't even have any memory of it. It wasn't to protect me, really. I could still get caught and convicted of my murders, but I wouldn't be able to implicate my handler.

Unfortunately they must have gotten to me before I could get to them, as I soon forgot all about that. Right before I woke up I met my older brother. We talked for a little bit, then he had to go. He hopped on a motorcycle (rather nice bike, as I recall) and roared off, recklessly cutting off a woman on a motorcycle, then zipping off with great skill to keep her from following him.

Why am I telling you this? I don't know. Probably because my dreams are more exciting than my reality right now. And because I was thinking it would make a great plot for a novel or something--until now. I just remembered that the same idea was used in a Babylon 5 episode. Some may recall Talia Winters.

Oh well. Back to the drawing board.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds a bit like the Bourne Identity too. Hmm.

Remind me not to take any cruises with you.