Friday, July 14, 2006

Something Is Different...

I received a call today from another company I applied to. That brings my callback rate on my applications to 40%, which probably represents a 100% increase over my response rate when I was unemployed. This is encouraging. I'm not holding my breath by any means, but I'm at least enjoying a bit of a smile.

The first place did indeed want to get as much as they could for as little as they could. I'm not sure how they get people of any caliber to fill their positions. It would have been a fun job, but not at that price.

Another weekend is here. Terhi's folks leave on Sunday, so tomorrow will be filled with last-hurrahs. Since we'll probably be doing something with them, Terhi and I had our date night last night. We camped out at Barnes & Noble and perused their landscaping books for ideas. The loss of our tree has prompted us to get dramatic. I suspect once we get a plan we'll be looking at several years worth of work. It could be a lot of fun. Or a lot of grief.

Probably both.

No comments: