Wednesday, July 19, 2006

That Felt Good

I had a phone interview today, and it went well. The interviewer even said I sounded like a good fit for the position. I asked a lot of questions that hopefully sounded like I knew what I was talking about. I could say "I've done that," "I'm doing that," or "I'm used to that" to everything she asked.

What really felt good is that when I some asked questions I could sense a little concern in the answers, as if she was afraid she would give an answer I wouldn't like. How cool is that?! I even got a salary range out of her (more of a guess, though, as she was not the hiring manager), and I don't see any problems there, either.

The company sounds like it's a cross between the last place I worked and where I work now, and from what she told me, it sounds like it combines the best of both worlds. I find myself really, really hoping they'll hire me. I would love to be excited to go to work in the morning. I would love to work for a company where it matters if we get it right the first time because we don't have tons of cash to throw around trying to fix stupid decisions.

Oh, I'm sure this place has their problems, too, but so far it sounds like they have at least a different set, and perhaps even some of the right problems.

No comments: