Friday, July 14, 2006

Entering The Digital Age

I've been using Wikipedia for awhile now, and love it. And for a long time I've been wishing I could find a file card type system for organizing and cross-referencing notes on things. Today I decided to do a little poking around, and discovered PmWiki. In hardly any time at all I've been able to set up a standalone wiki (an editable website generator that allows quick cross-referencing) on my computer. If I can figure out how to add in pictures I'll be in heaven.

What this may mean is that some day I'll be able to create a web server on my website, set up a wiki, and create an interactive family portal. It could be a real blast! Or it could be a big dud. On the other hand, I KNOW it could make things much easier for my younger brother and I to collaborate on the odd projects we occasionally create. I just have to figure out how to work it all out.

4 comments:

Benneducci said...

Ahh, but would it help motivate your brother to actually WORK on those projects???

Thom said...

Now if it could deliver a shock to any IP address, THAT would be cool! (As long as I'm the only one who has it.)

Benneducci said...

Oh sure, not interested in sharing power are we, Mr. Sauron?

Thom said...

Well yeah! Would I dare do unto others if they could do unto me?!