Saturday, July 02, 2005

Comfort and Uncomfortability

My wife and I watched "Sense and Sensibility" last night for our date night. And consumed mass quantities of goodies from the local Russian/import store. I'm really developing a taste for Russian chocolates, but their spice cakes are exquisite. And Nazook isn't bad, either.

I've seen the movie before, but it doesn't get old. Although I've pretty much come to the conclusion that the extent of Hugh Grant's acting range is looking delightfully uncomfortable. Which works very well for 95% of this movie. Emma Thompson is, as always, marvelous. And Alan Rickman...a wonderful underplaying of a man in constant torment. I love his character, Col. Brendan. Forget Edward Ferris, Brendan is my hero. I'm so glad to see him win out in the end--and with a new-and-improved Maryanne.

Anyway, it was a nice evening. The baby could have cooperated better, but...well, he's still only two months old.

No comments: