Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Smell On Wheels

I took a walk on my break today on the public river pathways. At one point I spied an elderly couple out for a bike ride. The wife came first, followed by the husband, hands firmly on the handlebars, and a tobacco pipe in his teeth. I'm guess he doesn't ride for health.

It's definitely autumn now. Today we've got a cold wind, and even though it's sunny, there's a definite, unconquerable chill in the air. As I drove in to work this morning the clouds hung in a low blanket, pinned up against the foothills by the breeze. We've seen more rain in the last two weeks than in the previous three months.

The leaves are turning, and turning quickly. Some trees are already bare. Winter is on its way, and at the rate we're going, it may just skip Fall and head straight in. I've got maybe one more night's work on the garage, which is fortunate. I had to scrape my windshield this morning.

No comments: