Monday, February 09, 2009

Lincoln With Waffles In His Hat

I had an odd dream this morning. I was back working at the department store I worked for during college, only nothing and no one looked familiar. No biggie. We then went outside for an employee picnic and before long got a softball game going. When it was my turn at bat I realized that the pitcher was Joe Biden.

And he was a lousy pitcher. No aim whatsoever. Everything (to me, at least) was more like he was lobbing artillery shells at nothing in particular. In hindsight he may have been trying to walk me (not sure why, since I stink), but I was having none of that. I kept trying to chase the pitch down to hit it, and before long struck out.

So there you go. I was struck out by the Vice President of the United States. Make of it what you will.

No comments: