Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Guess Who's Coming To Dinner!

I've been thinking about what to do with my various and disparate blogs. I seem to be getting more of them, not fewer, and the quality (yes, that's presumptuous of me) and quantity of all are suffering.

You see, I have three blogs, and a fourth in the works. That's just plain nuts. If I were a full-time professional blogger I could maybe keep up with that many. I'm not, and I can't. So I've made the following decisions:

1) Body Polytick, my political blog, will be merged into this one. It fits the "potpourri" theme, and I've learned that I just can't resist the urge to pontificate on political matters from time to time. You'll probably notice that I've already imported a bunch of political posts into here. For those of you who don't like politics, or just don't like my politics, I'm sorry. Start contributing to my tip jar and I'll be more inclined to cater to your personal likes. ;-)

2) The Making of a Company, a new blog I recently started to track my progress on starting my own business, will slow down, and may disappear altogether in time. My progress on setting up my own business is likely to be slow, and I can't really afford to try filling in the gaps. I could use that time for better things.

3) The Joy of Making Things is a new blog (so new I've yet to post to it) I'm starting. It's focus will be to discuss the joy and satisfaction of doing things yourself. Like creating funky Excel spreadsheets to manage your budget. Or building a playhouse. Or writing a book. It's a blog celebrating the fun of doing things, of trying things, of surprising oneself with what you can do.

4) This blog will continue, and with the inclusion of my political blogging, will likely be updated more often. I'll certainly try.

5) I would like to make some money at this. Not a lot, probably, but a little to fund some of my other hobbies would be nice. So I'll be adding advertising soon, and setting up a tip jar. This is not an appeal for cash. I'm just saying that if you like what you're reading and feel like it's worth something to you, you'll have options to encourage me.

And there you have it. All my changes in a nutshell. Stick around! Look around! I hope you'll like what you see.

No comments: