Monday, December 12, 2005

Your Mother Dresses You Funny

No, as a matter of fact, my kids do. Or they would if I didn't exercise some veto power. This morning Emma and Walter both wanted to pick out my outfit, and they didn't stop to agree first on who was choosing what. As a result, Walter picked both a shirt and pants for me, while Emma chose only a shirt. To avoid a conflict (or rather keep it from spiraling further out of control) I announced that I would wear Emma's shirt and Walter's pants.

Walter immediately looked worried and looked down at his pants. It didn't take much to read his mind: "I don't think you'd fit in my pants, Daddy!" I quickly backpedaled and explained that I would wear the pants he had chosen for me. Problem averted.


Apropos of nothing, do you have any idea how hard it is to pray with a large, purring cat rubbing against your head?

No comments: