Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Restless

Gah! I had such great intentions today of getting all sorts of things done. That didn't last long. I hit a few walls and basically gave up for the day. And now I'm restless. I'm dissatisfied with my life right now. I don't want to be doing this job, but I don't know what I do want to do.

Well, what I'd really like to be doing is getting caught up on all the things I need to do at home. Christmas is coming, and my goose is getting cooked. I am so not ready. I have all my shopping done, but that's about it. There's so much to do, and so little time--and even less motivation. I would love about three hours to just lay on the couch and stare at the ceiling, completely guilt free. It's that latter part that's the deal breaker.

It's probably not helping anything that I'm still listening to "The World Is Flat" and contemplating the potential loss of my job overseas. Meanwhile, I also get to contemplate the potential loss of my job once the company I work for is sold. Yes, I'm right back where I was two years ago. The more things change, the more they stay the same. I guess I didn't learn anything from history, because here I go repeating it again.

Actually, I did learn something. We'll have savings this time around. And hopefully a little more confidence. We've survived it before, I imagine we can again. I just wish they would hurry up and decide what's going to happen so I can actually plan rather than just worry.

Ho ho ho!

No comments: