Thursday, December 29, 2005

Theories of Relativity

I'm stepping on thin,un-PC ice here, but I'd just like to suggest to those who think America is going to Helena in a handbasket, that perhaps we need a reality check. For example, for those who think that Judge Alito is Satan incarnate for having supported notifying the spouse of a women seeking an abortion, I think that pales in comparison to this:

Pakistani Describes Killing of Daughters

And for those who think that Bush is ruining the country, read about Michael Totten's trip to Libya.

I'm not saying we don't have problems in America. I'm just saying tone down the rhetoric, will you? There are problems, and then there are truly big problems. Don't expect me to listen to your superlatives until you show me you're willing to address the truly big problems in the world.

Or are all your calls for tolerance, diversity, and equality just for show? Before you answer, read about this development from our own country. Do you see a problem, or do you see progress?

I see a problem. Unless you can show me that the true ratio between men and women of college age is equivalent, I'd say something is wrong somewhere in our society. And as a father of boys and a girl, it's important to me that they all have a chance at a good education.

But that's probably just me.

No comments: