Thursday, December 22, 2005

Enough is Enough

I've decided I've had it with being down. What good will it do me? This morning I woke up to headlines that the deal to sell our company is off. So what does that mean? I don't know, and this could go on indefinitely, so why worry about it? The only thing I can control right now is how much savings we have when whatever happens happens. I think I should work on that.

It also never hurts to be looking around to figure out what I DO want to do with my career, but I don't have to be stressed out about it. What's the point? Wallowing in misery just makes you miserable and dirty.

So come on, all you Ed Foreman Graduates out there:

I feel happy! I feel fine! I feel this way ALL the time!

(Believe it or not, it does help)

And if that doesn't, try this: .THE Best Christmas Lights Display.(Warning: Video. May not be slow-connection friendly.)

If I had lots of time and money, I can see doing something like that. Once. The neighbors would put a stop to it LONG before I'd get tired of it. ;-)

UPDATE: Here's a beautiful Christmas story from, interestingly enough, Trans-Siberian Orchestra. I may need to find out more about these guys.

UPDATE II: The light show is put on by the Williams family in Ohio. Evidently they've got the lights programmed for three different songs, and they even broadcast the music on a low-power FM channel for passing cars to tune in. The run the show nightly from 6 - 10 pm. Unfortunately they've received so much exposure this year that the traffic by their house has become excessive, forcing them to shut down for safety reasons.

No comments: