Sunday, August 28, 2005

A Man's Home Is His Castle...

...and we took this one by siege. I'll tell you more of the hideous story some other time. It sufficeth to say that we are now in our new home, and while things are still in varying states of disarray, we're loving the place. When the results of our weekend spending spree at RC Willey arrives on Wednesday we'll be in the home stretch--as as far as moving in. Decorating, on the other hand, has yet to begin, in spite of the $200 we spent at Target during the same spending spree.

The good news is that we budgeted for all this. The other good news is that Terhi seems to be really enjoying the idea of decorating, even if she even dreams about it. Even if I didn't like our new home so much myself I'd love it for how happy it's making her.

Now if we could only get the kids and cats settled down. I think both groups suffered from the chaos of the last week and a half, and it's going to take some time to get them back to normal. We'll get there. They're a walk in the park compared to how our closing went. But as I said, another story for another time...

Meanwhile, I'm back!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

The Mighty Thunder Chicken said...

Welcome back!

Your Host said...

Huzzah!