Thursday, August 18, 2005

The End of an Era

We moved out today. It's been two days of nearly non-stop labor getting packed, moved, and cleaning up. Let's just say it was a little disheartning to get to our motel to find that not only did they not have the two interconnected rooms we'd reserved, but put us in two rooms on different floors. And they weren't going to do anything about it unless I complained. Which I did. They're getting us the interconnected rooms tomorrow. Or there'll be fifteen kinds of H-E-Double-Toothpicks to pay.

But I digress. Terhi and I took one last walk through the house, amazed at how big it looked when completely empty. That led to waxing nostalgic, which led to tears. As small as our house was, it was the setting for a very important era in our lives. It seems the new owners will appreciate it, though, and that makes it a little easier to take.

Still, I'll miss it. So long, little house.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll miss the house too. It's been in the family for quite a few years. Still, I'll be excited to see your new place next time we make it out that way. I'll bet you'll be tripping over all the space for a while, but you'll get used to it soon and wonder how you ever fit into the old place.

Thom said...

I'm already wondering how we ever fit SO MUCH into the old place! We had already moved close to 30 boxes into our storage unit before the movers came, and yet we still filled an entire 10'x20' unit and had to get a second 10'x10'. We evidently got quite good at using the space we had!

Benneducci said...

Let this be a lesson, never take investment advice from someone who can't spell or punctuate.

Not to mention someone who posts this crap uninvited on someone's blogstring...