Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Welcome to the Jungle!

The foothills are green. I've never seen the foothills so green for so long. Usually they're green for all of a week in early Spring. Certainly not by June. They're usually a baked, dusty brown by now.

My lawn is getting shaggy yet again. I may get to mow it tonight if I'm lucky. It will probably rain again. Well, at least it's good for the flowers my wife planted. And we've never had this many strawberries this early in the year.

The weather is just plain screwy this year. I blame the Bush administration. There's got to be a connection to Halliburton somewhere.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The whole guvmint is involved. The weather service announced today that it most likely won't hit 90 until July! There goes the garden - lots of lettuce this year, but no tomatoes.