Friday, June 17, 2005

Star Trek 24: So Very Tired

I was in a meeting yesterday where the facilitator asked us to introduce ourselves by stating our name, position, and where we'd like to be instead of in that meeting. Everyone else listed off numerous exotic or fun locations. I said "anywhere with a comfortable bed and no one to wake me up."

I've got very little to complain about, really. It's been a good, productive week. But if the kids could all manage to sleep in tomorrow morning I'd feel extremely blessed.

It's Father's Day this weekend. Our church tends to have a lot of auxilary meetings on Sundays. When it's Mother's Day we usually cancel most or all of those. When it's Fathers Day we don't. It could be a double standard, or it could be that since it's the men who generally call the meetings, we'd feel guilty canceling them in order to celebrate...ourselves. In any event, I don't foresee a Fathers Day Nap in my future.

The Fourth of July is right around the corner. What a concept. This year is flying by. I'll get that day off, but what I'd really like is to have the next day off so we can all recover from being kept awake all night by our local chapter of PWMMTB (Pyromaniacs With More Money Than Brains). Its nights like that that make me wish I had one of those police trucks with the anti-riot water cannons. Now THAT would be fun! Try lighting your illegal rockets NOW, sulpher-breath!

Yeah, I need to get a grip.

No comments: