Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A Thank You Is Warranted

We take a break from our (seemingly) regularly scheduled politics for something of a more personal matter.

As I've mentioned before, I will be out of work soon, and so I'm actively hunting. Job hunting is not easy work. It's a soul- and esteem- crushing business. Applying for job after job and most of the time receiving no response back of any kind really starts to grind you down.

I know there are better ways, mind you. And I'm gearing up for that kind of a life-changing career search as we speak. But anyone who is serious about job hunting must try as many different approaches as possible. And that means endless applications which seem the paper or electronic equivalent of hollering down a well.

What keeps me going are the people who express concern, confidence, or give me contacts. Just today out of the blue someone at work sent me a contact for a company I've been banging my head against a wall trying to figure out how to approach. Even though times are tough and everyone has to watch out for themselves more than ever, the number of people who gladly lend a hand is encouraging.

Thank you, everyone!

No comments: