Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Ugh.

I'm one disappointed camper tonight. I'd hoped McCain would pull out a victory somehow. Now the only consolation is that it appears the Democrats will fall short of a fillibuster-proof senate. It's not much hope to cling to, but it'll have to do for now.

Congratulations to the Obama campaign and the Mass Media. They got their boy elected. I just hope now that Obama does not forget the 48% of America who didn't support him and moderates his platform accordingly.

Truth be told, if he sticks to what he pledged in his platform he may not be too bad. His platform wasn't all that different from McCain's, really.

But, as it stands, I don't have much hope for the next four years. He's my president. I'll respect his office. My respect for him will have to be earned. I doubt he'll lose any sleep over it.

No comments: