Monday, January 01, 2007

2006 Predictions Revisited

So, let's see if I'm any more psychic than last year:

1) The 2006 elections will provide no significant gains for either party.
Wrong. Unless you've been living in a cave, the Democrats won majorities in both chambers, and is well on target to squander the good will of the American people.

2) Britney Spears will not get divorced.
Wrong. If you've been living in a cave you'll know that the world ended this year when she announced she's splitting from Mr. Britney Spears.

3) Kevin Federline's album will enjoy mixed sales. He'll still make several million. He lands a contract for TV or a movie in the process. Will still be called "Mr. Britney Spears" by the media.
Jury is still out on this one. But since part of this one hinged on the previous one, I'll count this one as a miss, too.

4) Tom and Kate will not tie the knot.
Boy, I'm batting 1000 here. They did, in case you were in the aforementioned cave.

5) Iraq's new government will perform reasonably well, their army will step up, and U.S. Troop levels will be below 75,000 by the end of the year.
No, yes, no. That's another miss.

6) Saddam Hussein will be convicted and executed--over U.N. protest.
I got one! I really got one!

7) The U.N. will try again to gain control of the Internet.
Probably. I haven't heard, to be honest.

8) Joseph Lieberman will go Independent.
Got another one! Yes he did, and he won.

9) Iran will develop a nuclear weapon. Israel or the U.S. will take military action to keep them from using it.
Not enough information on the former, but definitely not the latter.

10)North Korea's government will collapse. China will send in troops to stabilize the country.
Don't I wish.

11) I will be working for a completely different company.
Technically true. It's the same old company bought by a completely different company, and acting like a new company.

12) I will finally figure out what I want to be when I grow up.
Nope. Still clueless....annnnnnd loving it!

13) Walter will become interested in something entirely different from tractors/trains/cars.
Yes and no. He's very much into "Babe" and "Charlotte's Web." But he still loves anything with an engine.

14) Emma will take to kindergarten like a duck to water.
Not a very difficult prediction, but quite true. She hates inservice and vacation days with a passion.

15) Terhi or I will start a side business.
Kinda true. Terhi is teaching ballet for someone else's studio.

16) There will be a major earthquake (6.0+) within in the U.S.
Unless I was in a cave, no.

17) There will be a foiled terrorist attack at the Torino Olympics.
Nope.

18) At least one major media organization will go out of business.
Not that I know of, though there were several mergers, buy-outs, and restructurings.

That's about 5 or 5.5 out of 18. I am officially less psychic than last year.

....annnnnnnnnd loving it!

No comments: