Sunday, March 05, 2006

Didn't See THAT One Coming...

Today I was asked to be the permanent choir director for our church choir. I rather expected it. I would have had to have done a pretty lousy job last week for the Bishopric to NOT think "Hmmmm...why not just have him do it?"

I'm a little ambivalent about it. I did feel a tangible sense of relief last week when I thought I was done with it. On the other hand, I'm also sensing some eagerness about it, too. My mind is already trying to write a new arrangement of a hymn I'm thinking of doing. I wish I had the software to make composing--or at least notation--easier.

I do enjoy music, and I enjoy creating it. The choir seems fairly enthusiastic about me continuing. I can think of worse positions. I can easily remember HAVING worse positions. Not that long ago, too. It'll be fun.

No comments: