Friday, June 30, 2006

We Must Be Veeeeeewy Qwiet!

Wew're hunting empwoyment! Fortunately it's from the cozy position of still being employed. I've just decided I don't like where I am, and I'm not seeing any signs that the powers that be are going to help me get where I'd like to be. Yes, the company is going through changes, but they can't offer me any guarantees that there will be better opportunities along the way. Maybe there will be, but I don't intend to hang around to find out.

That said, I hate job hunting. There are lots of promising jobs around (okay, four that I'm qualified for in the last month), and I'm applying for them, but then comes the whole agonizing wait afterward. Did that little typo in my cover letter turn them off? Are there twenty other overqualified candidates willing to work for half my salary? Did I not emphasize the right experiences? The second-guessing can be killer. So can the getting up of the hopes.

I know there is a better way, but I lack the time to engage in it. That's the downside of job hunting while employed. There's not much time for networking. Oh well. My problems are rather small.

No comments: