Monday, June 12, 2006

Incoming!

My in-laws are flying in this afternoon for a five week stay. This will be the first time they've visited us together. They'll be using our place as a base of operations for a few other trips to visit friends they have over here, and we'll be accompanying them on one of the trips. It should be an interesting month.

Meanwhile, I've decided it's time to start looking for a job elsewhere. I'm not worried about the company's stability or the future job situation here by any means. I just don't like my job. It's a feast-or-famine kind of position, and I use perhaps 20% of the skillset I'm being paid for. I'm little more than a glorified news reporter, really. It's frustrating, un-challenging, and rubbing off on my home life. I've got to get into something different before my self-esteem collapses completely. I don't think things will be changing fast enough where I am to provide any opportunities soon enough to help.

I hated being a contractor, but the work I was doing then was much more satisfying and challenging than what I'm doing now. They say it's easier to find work when you already have a job. I guess it's time to test that theory.

No comments: