Thursday, April 20, 2006

Hittin' The Gym

I spent last night and all day today building a jungle gym/swing set for the kids. In spite of my best efforts to sabotage the whole effort, it turned out okay. I didn't get it completely finished until after the kids went to bed, though. Fortunately all that remained was to bury the posts and attach the slide, so they at least got to spend some time on the swings before bedtime.

Yes, I took time off work to do it. Tomorrow is our ward's day to "Fill the Temple," so I figured if I was going to take tomorrow off for that, I may as well take today off, too. And that led to taking Monday off as well. By the time I get back to work I should be well and truly behind.

I'm exhausted. The recommend two people put this contraption together, and, except for a couple spots, I did the entire thing myself. Okay, I did solicit a little help from the tree it was built under. I used about every tool I own, including a axe. No, that was not for when I got fed up with the whole mess. You're supposed to bury the legs to stabilize it, and one of the places I was digging had a very thick root through the middle of it.

Okay, I didn't use any saws, but I sure justified having bought my second drill. There are a lot of screws that require pilot holes before you drive the screw, so it came in really handy to have one drill set up with a drill bit and the other set up with the phillips bit. I even used my post-hole digger!

Anyway, to quote some cartoon I can't even remember now (I'll be Ron does); "Mungo tired!" Good night!

2 comments:

Benneducci said...

Nope, you're on your own there. Not a clue.

All I can say is...Salieri!

Anonymous said...

It sounds familiar to me, but I can't quite place it.