Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Unemployment - Day Two

"I realize there is no shame in being poor...but it's no great honor either!"
- Tevye, "Fiddler on the Roof"

I have dreams. Dreams that involve me doing what I most enjoy and making enough money to support my family at it.

The reality is that is will probably be quicker and easier to just keep trying to do what I've been doing for the past ten years. But I don't want to.

This is also the adjustment period. No one, including me, is used to having me home all day. Even though I spend most of it working at the computer, I'm still aware of them, and vice versa. I don't know whether I should try to insinuate myself into the normal rhythms of the family or not.

I searched my usual sites today, and not one of them had something I can apply for. Okay, one did, but the skills quiz that came up when I applied quickly convinced me I'm not the droids they're looking for.

In short, not the best of days. Though I did wrestle into submissions a technical problem on one of my websites. That felt good.

No comments: