Thursday, July 31, 2008

What Is He Talking About?

"Nobody thinks that Bush and McCain have a real answer to the challenges we face. So what they're going to try to do is make you scared of me," Obama said. "You know, he's not patriotic enough, he's got a funny name, you know, he doesn't look like all those other presidents on the dollar bills."

Is that so? Can he cite some instances, or is HE just trying to scare people first?

I don't care if he wears a flag pin. I do care that it's so important to him to be liked in Europe.

I don't care that he has a funny name. I've heard it so many times it's not that unusual any more--and never WAS funny. At this point I wouldn't care if his name was Chimpy McBushitler. And I find it a bit insulting that he thinks I'm weak-minded enough to let anyone scare me about his name.

What?! Obama doesn't wear a wig?! He doesn't wear antiquated clothing?! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!!!! Since when in the last 50 years have we had ANY president that looked like "those other presidents on the dollar bills"? That's a pretty lame charge, and it's just Obama obliquely calling McCain a racist without actually saying it.

Why is it the Obama campaign that keeps playing the race card, while continually and pre-emptively accusing the other campaigns? In assuming that the "White Candidates" will attempt to smear him based on race, isn't that in itself racist?

Do we need a president who will continually try to deflect all criticism beforehand by saying "They're just racist"? I don't think that'll fly in international diplomacy, frankly.

No comments: