Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Speaking of which...

I got to see "Batman Begins" over the weekend. I'm still digesting it, but it doesn't hold up as well in post-viewing contemplation as I might have thought. I've decided that it was a poor choice to have most of the fight scenes be between people dressed in black. I'm sure the choreography was great, but I could never see any of it. It was just a big blur of black, with people falling on the ground, and then Batman would walk away.

I did think the acting was pretty good, though. I usually enjoy Michael Caine, of course, and I do think Christian Bale brings something to the part that Keaton, Kilmer, and Clooney lacked. And I rather enjoyed seeing Gary Oldman get to be a good guy for a change. Morgan Freeman and Liam Neeson are perpetual pleasers, too.

I love the cityscapes. They did that well, especially The Narrows.

Anyway, it was fun, but I'm glad I saw it for free. I'd still like to see "The Dark Knight" someday, but probably not anytime soon. Not until I can rent it.

No comments: