Wednesday, August 02, 2006

National Night Out

Our neighborhood participated somewhat in the National Night Out last night. I represented our family, as the kids were either in bed or getting ready for bed during the festivities. It was a nice evening, and it was interesting to get hear what other people in the subdivision have on their minds. The turnout wasn't great, but it was a decent crowd.

I was getting ready to head home when a local policeman and a city council member showed up. It was interesting chatting with them about the city in general, crime rates, and so on. I don't know how many other council members went out like that, but this one scored a few points in my book.

I've also become aware of an off propensity I have for volunteering. By the end of the evening I had volunteered to be part of the homeowners association architectural committee, the neighborhood watch, and the planning committee for next year's National Night Out. I don't know if I really want to make a difference or I just want people to like me. I guess I just hate to see good things struggle or die from lack of support.

Besides, if I'm on the architectural committee I can set the rules so I can make our planned picket fence taller than the CCR's currently allow. Mwah ha ha ha....! The POWER! THE ABSOLUTE POWER!!!!

Okay, I'm calm now.

No comments: