Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Darn You, Card!

Orson Scott Card has a new book coming out soon. The first couple chapters are up for your entrapment on his website. It's called "Empire," and it may be one of his most important works, if I may be so bold. From what I've seen so far it's a near-future novel that investigates the notion that America as a democracy has already failed and we're about to follow the Roman Empire--not the falling part, but the turning from republic to empire.

It could just be because so much of this is already on my mind, but I haven't had a book tingle my spine in a long time. It may be the first book I've bought in several years.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hm. I wonder if the library will let me reserve a book before it comes out?

I'm hooked too, and it's all your fault for writing about it.

Thom said...

Look again. There should be at least five chapters up--just enough to REALLY get you hooked!