Monday, October 09, 2006

Back To Work...Whew!

Vacation is over, and all I've got is three brick planter boxes, an adjusted sprinkler system, and 160 feet of unpainted picket fence to show for it. That, and a much lighter wallet.

Special thanks goes out to:
- Terhi, who pitched in at the right times to keep me from bagging the whole mess
- Clark, the neighbor who helped me move two pallets of bricks
- Dan, my brother who showed up and helped put up 1/4 of my pickets on Saturday, making it possible for me to finish the job before vacation ended.
- Our ward's young men, who have scheduled a service project for this week to come help me paint the new perimeter defences.

It would be much more satisfying if I didn't have about a dozen more projects still waiting for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad. Painting my car has been on my honey's "do" list since before he was my honey. (He put it on the list, not me.) Now we've decided the car isn't worth painting it as it has close to 200,000 miles on the engine and we couldn't get enough out of it when we sell it to pay for the paint job.

The moral of the story is that if you leave something on the list long enough, it becomes obsolete and you don't have to do it after all. Of course that only works if your wife is incredibly patient or somewhat forgetful. (I'm not saying which I am.)